Social is a full service design studio located in Rock Hill, SC. We are a laid back, progressive studio, making exceptional work for exceptional clients.
We are looking to grow our studio and are in the market for a super savvy developer. If you think you may fit the bill, review our checklist below and let us know…
Social Skills (* bonus points)
- 3-5 years development experience
- Strong understanding of PHP and MySQL
- Familiarity with the LAMP stack
- Understanding of object-oriented programming and relational data modeling
- Comfort with front end markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Ability to implement responsive design techniques
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative suite
- Healthy respect for interface design and the end user
- Desire to collaborate with a team
- Excellent problem-solving skills and love of technical challenges
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task and manage your time
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to balance efficiency and excellence in your work
- Positive and enjoyable personality
- Experience using git as a VCS, or VCS experience in general*
- Experience with WordPress as a CMS*
- Contributions to active open source projects*
- App development, including iOS & Android*
- Social media API integration experience*
- Familiarity with Node.js and Backbone.js*
- Competitive salary (based on experience) with annual raises and bonuses
- Flexible schedule with weekly team flex days (work from home) and personal flex days (work from anywhere)
- (2) weeks paid vacation and (8) holidays per year (grows annually)
- Weekly Social lunch (yup, it’s on us) with the team
- Free healthy office snacks and beverages
- Paid family leave
- Health insurance including dental and vision
- Paid on-going learning for conferences, subscriptions and more
- Yearly Social Spend budget for hardware, software, training or supplies
- Kind, caring and enjoyable team
Just 10 minutes south of Charlotte, NC, we are nestled among the largest metropolitan area in the two Carolinas. We are a simple day trip to the glorious Appalachian Mountains or the many scenic beaches that dot the East Coast.
Our office is only a 15 minute drive from some of the best museums, galleries and performing art centers in the region as well as world-class dining and nightlife. Adrenaline seekers can enjoy major sporting events and year-round outdoor adventures like hiking, cycling or paddling the waters of the Catawba River.
If you’d like to be a part of our team, please email your website and resume to email@example.com to apply. (No phone calls please.)
We had a blast working with Joe Ledbetter on his spankin’ new website joeledbetter.com. Joe came to us looking for a clean, colorful and fun look that synced up with his own style. Joe has the ability to update every bit of content, from the store all the way down to the fun facts in the footer. His new site gives his fans an extensive back catalog of every toy he’s produced — a rare treat in the vinyl industry.
Here’s a little about Joe:
Joe Ledbetter (aka: J.Led) is an artist, illustrator and toy designer based in Los Angeles, CA.
His distinctive style is deeply influenced by classic animation, underground comics, skateboarding and 1980′s video games. Over the years, Ledbetter has created an incredible cast of creatures used to anthropomorphize the human condition. With crisp bold lines and a vibrant palette, he mixes irony, social criticism and mischief making his work universal and unmistakable.
As always, it’s humbling to work with such immensely talented artists who are so respected in their field. Take a look at his art, buy some J.Led gear or just enjoy his cast of characters who are bound to put a smile on your face.
Everybody needs a strong password, so we made it super easy to generate your very own. Social has been using makemypassword.com to create secure passwords for our databases, hosting accounts, email accounts and more for a little over a year now and wanted to share the love.
Visit makemypassword.com and be sure to add it to your bookmarks bar to help make your digital life a little more secure.
Follow @makemypassword on twitter for feature updates and password related news.
We’re excited to have a design internship position open for the spring semester of 2013. Check out the details below if you’re interested.
Social Design House is offering a design internship opportunity for the Spring 2013 semester
Resumé and online portfolio due by Friday, January 25, 2013
Undergraduate juniors and seniors pursuing a degree in graphic design (web or print)
- Design print materials and set up files for production
- Develop banners ads and associated graphics for the web
- Assist with photography shoots and photo editing
- Communicate with clients and vendors in a collaborative, deadline-driven environment
- Utilize social media to enhance traditional advertising campaigns
- Basic online content updating and code revisions
Interns are paid hourly, on an bi-weekly basis (direct deposit available) and included in our weekly Social lunch
- Displays a positive attitude
- Demonstrates flexibility in day-to-day work
- Listens to others and accepts input from team members
- Clearly articulates ideas and thoughts verbally
- Prepares written correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct and professional
- Sets high standards of performance for oneself
- 100 hours of work at Social Design House to be completed between February–May 2013*
- Ability to work 10-20 hours per week
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience with html, digital SLR cameras and printing production is a major plus
How to Apply
- Send your resumé and online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline Friday, January 25, 2013
- Interviews will be held February 2013 (we will notify you if we would like to schedule an interview)
*We are happy to work around your school or work schedule, but are looking for students that are available during regular business hours, Monday-Friday from 9am to 5pm
If you think you might be a good fit, throw your hat in the ring and let’s see what happens. Good luck!
Social had the pleasure of collaborating with the South Carolina Arts Commission to create The Hub, an online news source promoting the arts in South Carolina and beyond.
The Hub is a one-stop shop where readers can find real-time news, events and resources they need to participate in and learn about the arts in South Carolina. We want to help residents and visitors find arts activities, direct artists and arts organizations to opportunities and let our citizens know they can be proud of our state’s contributions to the arts. In fact, we want the world beyond our state’s borders to know that South Carolina is a place where the arts can, and do, thrive.”
– Ken May, Executive Director, S.C. Arts Commission
Immediately after launch, the South Carolina arts community began responding in an overwhelmingly positive way:
“I’m liking it, it seems user friendly and attractive.”
— Bruce Nellsmith
“It’s about time, as an artist this is appreciated.”
— June Tucarella
“The site is wonderful! Bravo! It is a wonderful idea and really grasps the beauty of all art forms, being a work of art in itself.”
— Arts organization in Charleston, SC
Visit The Hub to have a look for yourself.