Social is a full-service design studio located in Rock Hill, SC. We are a laid back, progressive studio, making exceptional work for exceptional clients. Check out some of our favorite work on our site, or peek into what we are currently up to on our Dribbble page!
Social Design House is offering a paid spring internship with our team. If you think you may fit the bill, review our checklist below and throw your hat in the ring!
Wednesday, November 15, 2017.
Undergraduate juniors and seniors pursuing a degree in graphic design.
- Collaborate with and assist the design team on various client projects from concepting to creation and production: From moodboards and brainstorming, to designing logos and identity systems, to creating final print and web outputs.
- Communicate with clients and vendors in a collaborative, deadline-driven environment
- Basic online content updating – no code knowledge needed!
- Assist with various everyday tasks around the studio – from coffee runs to taking notes at client meetings. We are a small but mighty team so we all chip in and help when needed!
- Positive attitude, team player
- Desire to learn, grow, and collaborate
- Clearly articulates ideas, receptive to feedback
- Strong communication skills and professionalism
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task and manage your time
- Ability to balance efficiency and excellence in your work
- High standards for personal performance
- Currently enrolled in an graphic design university degree program
- Ability to work 20–25 hours per week*
- Strong portfolio of design work and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Laptop computer
- Experience with Sketch or interest in learning the program
- Experience with html / CSS a plus, but not required to apply
Just 15 minutes south of Charlotte, NC, we are nestled among the largest metropolitan area in the two Carolinas. We are a simple day trip to the glorious Appalachian Mountains or the many scenic beaches that dot the East Coast.
Our office is located in downtown Rock Hill, SC off of Main St. across from the Amelie’s that we frequent quite often!
Interns are paid hourly, on an bi-weekly basis (direct deposit available) and included in our weekly Social lunch, on the house!
How to Apply
- Gather your portfolio, resume and cover letter telling us a little bit more about who you are as a designer and what you would bring to this internship.
- Apply here, selecting Design Intern from the dropdown.
- Deadline Wednesday, November 15, 2017
- Interviews will be held the week of November 27, 2017 (we will notify you if we would like to schedule an interview)
- No phone calls please!
*We are happy to work around your school schedule! Our ideal hours for this internship are Tuesday–Thursday from 9am to 5pm, flexible to include hours Monday and Friday if needed.